Alisia Ratliff, PMP, is an accomplished chemist and licensed project manager, who boasts more than nine years of experience from various industries. She has successfully managed a start-up operation from build-out to launch, led an expansion of a high-producing cannabis manufacturer, and independently consulted many private companies on design of processing facilities, equipment sourcing, financial projections, talent sourcing and product development using a breadth of technical knowledge.
Recently, Cannabis Business Times Editor Michelle Simakis spoke with Ratliff about her upcoming panel discussion "Processing Lab/Facility Buildout." You can read the full interview here.
Cannabis Conference: What do you hope attendees will bring back to their business from your session at Cannabis Conference 2020?
Alisia Ratliff: I hope attendees will walk away with an understanding of the 5W1H concepts in cannabis processing facility build outs:
- Who – is necessary to be on the initial team to make it happen? Whose expertise do I need to accomplish the business goals and accelerate growth within the company.
- What – is my business model going to reflect? Do I want to build a business to share the market or drive industry innovation, research and development?
- When – is the best time to start constructing a processing facility? From conception or follow up phases?
- Where – is the best market to compete and location to maximize potential facility success?
- Why – do you want to build a processing facility? Future solutions to industry problems?
- How – are you going to accomplish success using the information and tools you’ve received from this session?