Exhibitor shall procure and maintain insurance against liability for injuries to persons or damage to property which may arise from Exhibitor’s operations relating to the Event. The term for such insurance shall cover the full duration of the Event (Monday, August 14, 2023 – Friday, August 18, 2023), hereinafter referred to as “Insurance Term.” All property of exhibitor is understood to remain under exhibitor’s custody and control in transit to, during the Event and from the confines of the Exhibit Hall area. The cost of such insurance shall be borne by exhibitor and shall comply with all of the following requirements:
Exhibitor Certificate of Insurance (COI) Information
- Commercial General Liability (CGL) Insurance.
- Scope of Coverage and Limits. Exhibitor’s CGL policy shall provide coverage that is with limits of no less than $1,000,000 per occurrence/$2,000,000 aggregate. Such CGL coverage must be maintained throughout the Insurance Term from an “A” rates carrier including the so-called “broad form endorsement.”.
- Additional Insured Coverage. GIE Media, d.b.a. Cannabis Conference 2022, and its officers, directors and employees are to be covered as additional insureds on exhibitor’s CGL policy with respect to liability arising out of operations performed by or on behalf of exhibitor in connection with the Event, including materials or equipment furnished in connection with such operations. Such additional insured coverage must be maintained throughout the Insurance Term.
- Primary and Non-Contributory. Exhibitor’s CGL policy shall specify that it provides primary insurance to GIE Media, and that any insurance or self-insurance maintained by GIE Media shall be in excess of the exhibitor’s insurance and shall not contribute with it.
- Verification of Coverage. At GIE Media’s request, exhibitor shall furnish GIE Media with an original certificate of insurance evidencing that exhibitor has procured CGL coverage in accordance with the requirements set forth by Cannabis Conference 2022 (hereinafter referred to as “Rules”). GIE Media’s failure to request a certificate of insurance or amendatory endorsement required by these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of any obligations imposed upon exhibitor by these Rules.
- Deductibles and Self-Insured Retentions. In the event that GIE Media is required to make a claim under exhibitor’s CGL policy as an additional insured, it shall be the sole obligation of exhibitor, and not GIE Media, to satisfy any deductible or self-insured retention.
- Workers Compensation and Employer’s Liability insurance for its employees and subcontractors which complies with all federal and state laws.
- Automobile Liability insurance with a limit of not less than $1,000,000 combined single limit — each accident.
Please submit your completed COI no later than July 14, 2023 to the exhibitor portal.
If you do not have insurance, or you would rather not use your own insurance, (similar to when you rent a car – so that claims would not be filed against your policy), we have set up a program with Rainprotection Insurance through which, you can purchase compliant insurance instantly online for only $84.
If you have any questions, please contact Kim Tabor at email@example.com.